- The process of combining collections of objects into a larger collection.
- This is the opposite of subtraction.
- Add, addition, plus and sum are interchangeable terms.
- Addition: compensation strategy (another way to add) (PDF)
- Addition: jump strategy (another way to add) (PDF)
- Addition and subtraction mental strategies (doing maths in your head) (PDF)
- Split strategy (PDF)
- Addition: adding and subtracting vertically (and trading) (PDF)
Combining a collection of things together:
Download information sheets
Addition using the jump strategy
Addition using a hundreds chart
Split strategy for addition
Using the compensation strategy
Vertical algorithm for addition
Vertical algorithm for decimals: Addition
This site uses Google Translate, a free language translation service, as an aid. Please note translation accuracy will vary across languages.