A line of any length that can be used to show:
- the position of a number
- addition and subtraction of numbers
- equivalence of fractions.
The line can start and end on any number.
Download information sheets
- Adding and subtracting using an empty number line (PDF)
- Addition: jump strategy (another way to add) (PDF)
- Subtraction: jump strategy (another way to subtract) (PDF)
Addition using the jump strategy
Subtraction using an empty number line
This site uses Google Translate, a free language translation service, as an aid. Please note translation accuracy will vary across languages.