nearest whole number
- To increase or decrease to the nearest ten, hundred, thousand, etc.
- For 1,2,3,4 go down to 0 and for 5,6,7,8,9 go up to 10.
- With money, rounding increases or decreases the price to the nearest available coin or note.
- With fractions, rounding is to increase or decrease to the nearest whole number.
- Nearest whole number and rounding are interchangeable terms.
This site uses Google Translate, a free language translation service, as an aid. Please note translation accuracy will vary across languages.