- Materials such as timber, textiles and metals can be used in the design of items, such as children's toys.
- Effective design involves researching existing products, design considerations and the needs of users.
- Creative design ideas come through the use of mind-mapping and brainstorming techniques.
- Design ideas should be communicated through accurate sketching and labelling.
- School A to Z features links to third-party websites and resources. We are not responsible for the content of external sites.
This site uses Google Translate, a free language translation service, as an aid. Please note translation accuracy will vary across languages.